Store release 1.0.49 includes IBM HMC Server pattern and a Unix classifier to discover HMC server. However, 'HMC server' classifier is missing horizontal probe record that would trigger the pattern. The HMC Server will not be fully discovered.
The "HMC Server" UNIX Classification record's form has nothing listed in the "Triggers probes" related list, and so no patterns will run.
Steps to Reproduce
- Install Discovery, and then the Discovery and Service Mapping Patterns from the store, release 1.0.49 (August 2019)
- Open the "HMC Server" Classification record, and the Trigger probes record is missing.
- Discover the IP of a HMC Server, and will not be fully discovered
This problem has been fixed, in the end of September 2019 store release (exact version number unknown at the time of writing). If you are able to upgrade, review the Fixed In or Intended Fix Version fields to determine whether any versions have a planned or permanent fix.
As a workaround before that is available, you can add the missing Triggers Probes record
- go to https://<instance-name>.service-now.com/upload.do.
- Import the below XML, it includes the missing file which would fix the issue with classifying HMC.
Related Problem: PRB1357453