When having a Condition Builder field on a form, selecting a String field with the operation "matches regex" and defining a regular expression that contains the caret ^ symbol then the caret symbol is getting duplicated upon saving the record.
On every save action every occurrence of this symbol is getting doubled. Whenever the form reloads the symbol is additionally doubled when displaying it.
Steps to Reproduce
1. Create the table (label_table) Madrid Instance
2. Add the column "Condition"
3. Add the table field in the form
4. Make the condition field dependent on the table field.
5. Open the form table_name.do (label_table.do)
6. Select the "Incident" in table field
7. Add the below condition which the provided information.
Condition -> matches regex -> ^database
7. Click on "Submit"
8. Open the same record again
9. Click update
10. You will notice that ^^^^ sign keeps increasing in the condition.
Expected Behavior : ^ should not increase in the condition builder
Actual Behavior : ^ is increasing in every update on the record in condition builder
This issue is under review. To receive notifications when more information is available, subscribe to this Known Error article by clicking the Subscribe button at the top right of the article. If you are able to upgrade, review the Fixed In field to determine whether any versions have a permanent fix.
Related Problem: PRB1356548