CMDB Dashboard not detecting duplicate CIs
The duplicate process only query for records with the following conditions:
(discovery_source=Unknown and updated on last 1 day) OR (discovery_source=empty)
The reason for this query is:
- If a CI has a proper discovery_source, it should have been ran though Identification Engine or has been reconciled properly.
- The CI's with discovery_source = empty most likely hasn't been passed through Identification Engine yet.
- The CI with discovery_source = Unknown are the ones marked by the job itself so health results should have been generated. If the job failed the first time around the CI discovery_source will be set up as Unknown and it it's over 1day old the duplicate jobs will not run on those CI.
- Create a Reconciliation Definitions of each individual classes you wish to the rule to run on. If you set it for the cmdb_ci_cluster (parent) it will not affect (child) cmdb_ci_win_cluster.
- Set the discovery_source of all the CI to blank and rerun the health job again.