HR tasks with type "Submit Order Guide" may generate a null pointer exception on the Service Portal "hrj_ticket_page".
Steps to Reproduce
1. Set the glide.sc.sp.twostep property to false.
2. Install Employee Service Center and Lifecycle Events. Kick off a lifecycle event that includes a "Submit Order Guide" task.
3. Impersonate the user with subject person associated to the HR task.
4. Open the record in "hrj_ticket_page" as the subject person.
5. Submit the order guide. Observe the null pointer exception.
After carefully considering the severity and frequency of the issue, and the cost and risk of attempting a fix, it has been decided to not address this issue in any current or near future releases. We do not make this decision lightly, and we apologize for any inconvenience.
The workaround consists in the following:
- Set the property "glide.sc.sp.twostep" to true
Or in alternative:
- In the SC Order Guide widget, replace:
data.sys_id = $sp.getParameter("sys_id");
data.sys_id = input.sys_id;
else if (options.sys_id)
data.sys_id = options.sys_id;
data.sys_id = $sp.getParameter("sys_id")
- In the SC order Guide widget, under the following line in the client controller:
$scope.data.action = 'checkout_guide';
$scope.data.requested_for_id = c.options.requested_for_id;
and under the following line in the server script:
- In the HRJ Task Submit Order Guide widget, in the client controller, change the following line:
$scope.data.childCaseId = childCase.sys_id;
$scope.data.childCaseId = childCase.sys_id || childCase.request_id;
Related Problem: PRB1346339