When listing a table and massive updates want to be done to the listed records, the "Update Selected" and "Update All" context menu options are used.
A form is displayed after clicking on any of these options. How can fields be added or removed into this form?
When the "Update Selected" or "Update All" option is selected, the _update form of the table is displayed. For example, the URL for the
cmdb_ci_server table will be:
The _updated form that is displayed, is the Default view of that table, so in order to add or remove fields, you need to edit the default view for that table.
Another way to get the sys_id of the form section that is being displayed in the _update form, is using the Browser Developer Tools as the below screenshot shows:
So, the section for the the cmdb_ci_server table will be:
In summary, the solution is:
- Edit the default view for the specific table or get the sys_id of the form section (/sys_ui_section).
- Add or remove the fields there.
- Clear the ServiceNow cache (/cache.do).
- Use the column name when adding fields to the form.
- If fields are added, ensure the column order is correct, if two or more fields have the same column order, then those fields might not be displayed, for example:
- Ensure the order of the following two elements are correct, .start_split and .end_split
- Clear cache after modifying the form (/cache.do)
All current supported versions.