When exporting a project from an instance where the customer system Localization uses "," instead of "." in project task, it returns an empty XML or Zero byte XML.
This issue is mainly seen in instances where system property glide.system.locale has a value de.DE or fr.FR and the percentage is separated by "," instead of ".".
Countries using Arabic numerals with decimal comma will face this issue.
- The issue only occurs when at least one of the project task has a percentage complete of [21,36% , 31,21%], any values where the separator is ",".
- The issue doesn't occur if the percentage is a whole number or Zero for project task.
- The issue doesn't occur if the project has a comma separator but the project task has whole numbers on the percentage complete value.
The error thrown is similar to:
For input string: "28,26": java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "28,26": sun.misc.FloatingDecimal.readJavaFormatString(FloatingDecimal.java:2043)
Steps to Reproduce
- Ensure you have the project Portfolio with Financials plugin.
2. Change the system property to glide.system.locale to fr.FR or de.GE
3. Open pm_project.list
4. Open a project which has at least 1 project task with the percentage complete to have comma separator(ex: 28,6).
5. Right click on the form header of the Project and select "Export to MS Project"
6. Verify that the XML downloaded doesn't have any content in it.
This issue currently has no workaround. To receive notifications when more information is available, subscribe to this Known Error article by clicking the Subscribe button at the top right of the article. If you are able to upgrade, review the Fixed In or Intended Fix Version fields to determine whether any versions have a planned or permanent fix.
Related Problem: PRB1337300