Knowledge Base are not showing categories in Service Portal
Empty knowledge categories list
The root cause of the issue is the customised version of the widget "KB Categories - KBv3"
Revert the custom widget to the out-of-box (OOB) widget
- Go to the portal page where the categories are missing.
- Click Ctrl + Right-click on the widget and it will give you a list of options
- Choose Instance in Page Editor and check the Widget if it is a customised version of the widget
- Modify the UI page to use the out-of-box (OOB) widget "KB Categories - KBv3" by choosing in the widget dropdown and Save
- If you have not added a custom version and have modified the out-of-box (OOB) version, you need to go to the platform or advanced view.
- In the navigation bar, type in sp_widget.list to go to the list of Service Portal widget records.
- Filter in the Name or the sys_id of the widget.
- In the Versions related list, click both Custom and Upgrade version
- Click on Action on selected tows > Compare > Revert to Selected version which is the OOB version