As per the out of box functionality for Rejecting Approval records it is mandatory to fill out the Comments field. This works on the platform as well as in CMS. However in Service Portal, the system processes rejection of the sysapproval_approver record even without comments.
Steps to Reproduce
- Goto any out of box instance
- Query Approval records in Requested state as below
- Impersonate one of the Approvers for these records making sure they have Approver role
- On platform, reject one of the record and the system mandates comments to be entered for rejecting approvals
- Try the same in Service Portal by clicking on the Approval header link and rejecting one of the available records in the list
Actual Behavior: The reject gets processed without entering the mandatory comments.
Expected behavior: The rejection shouldn’t process without comments.
This issue is currently being reviewed as a product enhancement. To receive notifications when more information is available, subscribe to this Known Error article by clicking the Subscribe button at the top right of the article. If you are able to upgrade, review the Fixed In or Intended Fix Version fields to determine whether any versions have a planned or permanent implementation of this issue.
Related Problem: PRB714367