AtMention / @Mention popup does not provide enough info/fields to distinguish the intended user. Apart from the profile picture, it may be impossible to differentiate between users with the same name.
Steps to Reproduce
1. Navigate to sys_user.list and open the record for Abel Tuter.
2. Add a 2 to the user name so that it reads abel.tuter2. Insert and Stay.
3. Repeat this process a few times, incrementing the number each time.
4. Navigate to incident.list and open any incident.
5. In the work notes, start typing @abel and notice the results are indistinguishable apart from the original's profile photo. The popup does not show columns that allow to identify the intended user.
This problem is under review and targeted to be fixed in a future release. To receive notifications when more information becomes available, subscribe to this Known Error article by clicking the Subscribe button at the top right of this form.
Related Problem: PRB1303383