When an outgoing email record is configured to be sent from a user for informational purpose (sys_email.user attribute populated with a value), and if the string contains "@" with other space or brackets, email is not sent out and the status changes to ignored, and type changes to send-failed. Error string is observed as "Local address contains control or whitespace"
Steps to Reproduce
Make sure email sending is enabled on the instance.
1. Create an outgoing email in sys_email table by triggering a notification.
2. Make sure email is sent out successfully.
3. Open the same record and populate the User attribute as "Fredd Luddy (firstname.lastname@example.org)" (without the quotes), change the Type to "send-ready", and State to "Ready" and save the record.
4. Wait for the SMTP Sender job to trigger and observe that Type changed to "send-failed", State changed to "Ignored", and the Error string attribute is visible as "Local address contains control or whitespace"
5. Header contains the "From: IT Service Desk <Fred Luddy (email@example.com>" string as an invalid string.
This problem is currently under review. You can contact ServiceNow Technical Support or subscribe to this Known Error article by clicking the Subscribe button at the top right of this form to be notified when more information will become available.
Related Problem: PRB1309799