ACL conditions are not working when attempting to view a workflow (context_workflow.do) even though they're working when you view the record directly. Upon clicking "Show Workflow" UI action from a record a blank browser tab is opened.
Steps to Reproduce
(this could happen with any record, not just service catalog)
- Order an item from service catalog as System Administrator
- Enable Debug Security & Impersonate ITIL User
- Open a RITM with Item using "Service Catalog" as the Catalog.
- Click on Show Workflow, the workflow loads correctly, check the Security Logs.
- Impersonate System Administrator
- Go to https://<instance-name>.service-now.com/nav_to.do?uri=sys_security_acl.do?sys_id=d9694407c3923000c111113e5bba8ffd
- This above passed since no condition was present
- Now add any condition to this ACL (such as Active is true). Perform Steps 2 to 4 again, see the workflow didn't load this time as the condition failed for the above ACL.
The same condition passed when the RITM was viewed.
This issue has been fixed. If you are able to upgrade, review the Fixed In or Intended Fix Version fields to determine whether any versions have a planned or permanent fix.
Related Problem: PRB1341033