Despite having the correct role assigned (scrum_user), users are no longer able to view backlogs under "Agile Development" >> "Agile Board" >> "Backlog".
Steps to reproduce:
1. Login to the ServiceNow instance as User with scrum_user role
2. Navigate to the Agile Board > Backlog tab
3. Notice that it's now empty when there should be some backlogs on there.
You see the message below:
You do not have access to this backlog
Ask the backlog owner to share it with you
In your instance you have activated the REST API ACL.
Access Control: Table API
Note: The sys Id may differ in your instance
ACL's on rest api tables(Table API) are deactivated OOB by default. However if the REST API ACL is activated, a user must have the snc_platform_rest_api_access role to make a request to that REST API.
When the 'TABLE API' ACL is activated, if a user does not have the snc_platform_rest_api_access role, he cannot access the Agile board.
This is the expected behavior.
Please refer to the documentation REST API ACL's in https://developer.servicenow.com/app.do#!/document/content/app_store_doc_rest_integrate_kingston_c_RESTAPISecurity?v=kingston
As possible solutions try either of the below that meets your requirement
1. Give your users the role 'snc_platform_rest_api_access'
2. Alternatively to change the default behavior you can Modify the TABLE API ACL as following:
- Remove requires role 'snc_platform_rest_api_access'
-Add Advanced script as below:
answer = (gs.isInteractive()) || gs.hasRole('snc_platform_rest_api_access'));