In Microsoft Edge, dragging and dropping an attachment that is already in the activity formatter creates a new attachment with file extension .url.
Steps to Reproduce
1. Login as administrator using a Microsoft browser (tested with Microsoft Edge version 42.17134.1.0).
2. Set the following properties to false:
2. Open any active incident.
3. Upload a picture as an attachment.
4. Scroll down to the "Activity Stream" to find the attached picture.
5. Drag and drop the picture. An extra attachment is created with file name in the format sys_attachment.do-view=true&sys_id=<original_picture_sys_id>.url.
This problem is under review and targeted to be fixed in a future release. To receive notifications when more information is available, subscribe to this Known Error article by clicking the Subscribe button at the top right of this form.
Related Problem: PRB1345922