Scenario 1: During an upgrade from London to Madrid (which includes VR version 7.0.9) and then to (VR version 8.0.12) from the ServiceNow Store, the VR Setup Assistant module is overwritten with an incorrect URL.
Scenario 2: After an update from VR version 7.0.9 to VR version 8.0.12 (whether from London or Madrid), you see a duplicate VR Setup Assistant module.
Steps to Reproduce
- Install VR on London instance.
- Upgrade to Madrid (which includes VR version 7.0.9).
- From the ServiceNow Store update to Madrid VR version 8.0.12.
- Because in the London version of VR Setup Assistant was a separate application, the VR version 8.0.12 Setup Assistant incorrectly links to $secops_setup_assistant.do. It should be $secops_setup_assistant_vr.do.
- Install VR version 7.0.9 VR in a Madrid instance (from a London upgrade or the ServiceNow Store).
- Update from VR version 7.0.9 to VR version 8.0.12.
- You see a duplicate Setup Assistant module.
After an upgrade from London (with VR) to Madrid (which contains VR version 7.0.9), an upgrade to VR version 8.0.12 results in the Setup assistant module pointing to the wrong module URL.
To fix this, install the Security Operations Setup Assistant application (version 8.0.9) from the ServiceNow Store. This removes the pointer to the wrong module URL. This is unique to the London upgrade to Madrid for VR.
After an update from VR version 7.0.9 to VR version 8.0.12 (whether starting from a London upgrade or initial Madrid instance) you see a duplicate VR Setup Assistant module.
To remove the duplicate module navigate to the sys_app_module table and search for the module with sysid ="26b66fb93b5203005a9149a4d2efc4f1". Delete the module, by clicking on Delete UI action.
This affects both London upgrades to Madrid and fresh install Madrid with VR version 7.0.9 updates to version 8.0.12.
Related Problem: PRB1343691