The Select Multiple Input type interactive filter does not work correctly when the reference field on the table is set to Display = True.
Steps to Reproduce
1. Create a new table (e.g. Approval Group users).
2. Create two new fields on this table:
- Type: reference
Name: Approval Group
Reference : Group (sys_user_group)
Display = FALSE
- Type: Reference
Reference: User (sys_user)
Display = TRUE ( Checked)
3. Save the dictionary entries.
4. Open the new table list view and create a few new records.
5. Create a new reference field on the Incident table for the table created in step 1. This will be used for reference mapping on the interactive filter.
6. Create a new interactive filter of reference type Select Multiple input.
7. Select the table as Approval Group users. Notice the available values show the user names from the records added in Step 3.
8. Save interactive filter.
9. In the reference mapping, add the Incident table and the field created.
10. Save the changes and navigate to Dashboards.
11 On a new dashboard or existing one, add this interactive filter.
12. Click on the interactive filter to find values. Notice the spinner shows but the values are never populated.
This issue is targeted to be fixed in an upcoming release. Please review the Fixed In section to determine the latest available patch your instance can be upgraded to.
As a workaround, in the context of the Step to reproduce, in the reference table "Approval Group users", have a field of type "String" with "Display" = true. Otherwise, for the same filter, use the checkbox type instead of the multiple select.
Related Problem: PRB1343281