When a user has a lot of favorites (around 10+) in the sidebar, and the order of them are switched and saved, a refresh of the page will undo the recent ordering of the favorites.
To put another way, reordering of the favorites does not persist between refreshes when there is a large amount of them (around 10+)
Steps to Reproduce
In an affected instance:
- Impersonate a user (eg, Fred Luddy from the demo data set)
- Add 10+ things to Favorites (top level app modules and some sub modules)
- Click pencil icon in side bar and reorder them
- Save and notice current order (or take screenshot to compare)
- Refresh page
- Notice that the order of favorites has not persisted
This problem has been fixed. If you are able to upgrade, review the Fixed In or Intended Fix Version fields to determine whether any versions have a planned or permanent fix.
Related Problem: PRB1327780