- Cloud Management Platform allows creating own Resource Operations: Add a resource operation to the execution plan
- Similar to OOB Resource Blocks which are allowed create our own operations, we also have the ability to create Resourceblocks from ARM templates: Create a catalog item from an ARM template,
- Once the ARM template Validated successfully, we can review the ResourceBlock and the Catalog item created and ready to provision
- The Catalog Item created from the Catalog Item gets provisioned successfully, at User Portal we can view the Stack and Resource details as below.
- According to the behaviour, the Stack will have its own operations as "Deprovision" "Stop" and "Start"
- Soon after we provision, the Resources (Appserviceplan & Webapp) will not be having Resource Operation because the Resource does not contain the operations
- As per the requirement, we will need to Create Resource Operations under the Newly created ResourceBlock from the ARM
- Once we create the Resource Operations, the user portal does not display the newly created operations.
- The issue to understand and fix is that How to get the Resource Operations Visible
- ServiceNow CMP store new/unknown resource types in cmdb_ci_cmp_resource table.
- As the Newly created ARM Resources have no specified classes, creating Resource Operations the ResourceBlock created by the ARM will be affected or Visible.
- In order to get the Resource Operations which are associated with the cmdb_ci_cmp_resource table, we will need to create the Resource Operations on "Cloud Resource" Resource Block.
- Hop to the instance
- Impersonate to the user with privileges to create a Resource Operation
- Navigate >> Cloud Admin Portal >> Design >> Resource Blocks >> Cloud Resource (By default no Interface or Operation is available)
- Create a Guest Interface
- Operations >> Newly Created Guest interface >> Create an Operation (Provided the API logic as per the requirement)
- Navigate >> Cloud User Portal >> Stacks >> Choose the Stack created from the ARM >> Now we could see the Operation.