When a localized user enters a currency amount on a form using a currency which is not the session currency and reference currency, that amount is displayed in the reference currency on a database view list view instead of in the currency as it was entered.
Steps to Reproduce
- Set up a user (navigation: System Security > Users and Groups > Users) as follows:
- Time zone: Europe/London
- Country code: English (Session Currency Code should be GBP)
- Create a Database View (navigation: System Definition > Database Views) as follows:
- Table: alm_hardware
- Variable prefix: ah
- Fields: sys_id, asset_tag, cost
- Set up the following currency system properties:
- glide.i18n.single_currency = false
- glide.system.locale = <blank> (so default used is en.US)
- Impersonate the user of step 1.
- Access the Database View in the filter navigator and configure list view and form layout to show only the 'asset_tag' and 'cost' fields IN THIS ORDER.
- The order is important because if we make the currency field a reference link to the actual record, it will display in session currency (this happens on both table list views and database view list views) .
- For simpler comparison configure the list layout of the [alm_asset] table to show only the 'asset_tag' and 'cost' fields.
- Open an [alm_hardware] record from one of the list views (table or database view) and set a value in the Cost field using a currency which is not the session currency nor the reference currency.
- Observe that the list view of the [alm_hardware] table displays the value in the currency as it was entered.
- Observe that toggling through currency conversations (using the globe icon) on the [alm_hardware] list view displays the value in currency as it was entered in, then the session currency and finally the system currency (reference currency), e.g.
- Observe that the database view list view displays the value in the reference currency.
- Observe that toggling through currency conversations on database view list view displays the value only in the session currency and the reference currency and not in the currency it was entered in (unless it was the same as reference or session currency).
This issue has been fixed. If you are able to upgrade, review the Fixed In or Intended Fix Version fields to determine whether any versions have a planned or permanent fix.
Related Problem: PRB1302702