On a configuration item's relationship formatter there might be some/all relationships missing even though there are relations exists for that CI in cmdb_rel_ci table. This can occur on some specific level within the tree view.
Below are some causes for the tree view not to show the relationships (any view actually).
- Invalid relationships (Parent or Child CI on relationship record is empty)
- Relationship with orphan parent/child in it.
- Circular relationships (Like the same CI is being referred by another CI at some level like CI1 > CI2, CI2 > CI3, CI3 > CI1)
Having any of the above reasons, the formatter will stuck in loop and or fails in formatting and will not load the relationships.
- Make sure there are no invalid relationships (first 1 and 2 causes).
- Make sure there are no circular relationships.
Note: Recommended to use the new generation "CI Relations" formatter instead of older formatter "Legacy CI Relations".