The chat queue numbers are not updated for some agents intermittently.
Manual refresh will temporarily fix the issue.
The screenshot shows the numbers are not the same for 2 agents.
Once one agent accept the nonexistent incoming chat, the console will throw this error "404 Not Found"
Steps to Reproduce
1. Use 3 different browser sessions.
Agent a, Agent b, User c
Agent a, Agent b pick up the chat from the same connect queue.
In session a: impersonate Agent a
In session b: impersonate Agent b
In session c: impersonate User c
2. Close any open chat conversation in all the above sessions.
3. On session c: go to https://<instance_name>.service-now.com/$chat_support.do?queueID=<queue_id> and initiate a chat
Expect the number for Agent a and Agent b will both increase to 1.
4. In session a: Accept the chat
In session b: observe that the number beside the chat queue still remains (1), which should be decreased to 0.
Expect the number for Agent b will decrease to 0
Actual behavior: the numbers of the waiting conversations are not up to date.
Expected: Chat queues should be updated with number of waiting conversations automatically
A workaround UI Macro can be imported in.
Please follow these steps:
1) Navigate to "System UI" - "UI Macros" and find any UI macro has this name "ng_chat_config"
If it is inactive, rename it to "ng_chat_config_inactive" or some other names.
If there is active "ng_chat_config". Otherwise, this workaround should not be applied in this case.
2) import the XML attached, then confirm there is a new "ng_chat_config" imported in.
Related Problem: PRB1341741