Steps 8 & 9 of the Mainframe pattern can cause identification errors in the pattern:
Abandoned due to too many errors, found multiple dependent relation items
Steps 7 & 8 of the pattern are causing a duplicate serial number to be created, due to grep not filtering out expected information. Which then results in two zOS servers later in the pattern (Step 12 onwards). That duplicate in turn causes the multiple dependent relation items error.
Steps to Reproduce
- Run a quick discovery against a Z-OS Server
- Check the Pattern debug log
This problem has been fixed. If you are able to upgrade, review the Fixed In or Intended Fix Version fields to determine whether any versions have a planned or permanent fix.
A workaround is also possible:
- Change Step 8 'Define Parsing' value to 'Delimited Text', with 'Exclude Lines' = 'history' and stores it in a temporary variable, ex: serial_and_model.
- Add Step 9 of type "Parse Variable, which parses the above temporary variable into a table exactly how Step 8 used to do:
- Enter Variable = $serial_and_model
- Define Parsing = Regular Expression
- Variables = table
- Table name = serial_number_table
- Column1 = serial_number
- Column2 = model
- Regular Expression = (.*)(\d\d\d\d)
Related Problem: PRB1333744