The error 'Failed to init the JDBC connection. Check configuration' is seen during any of the below actions-
- Form the SCCM integration's 'setup' page, if 'Test data source connection' is performed.
- If 'Load 20 records' is performed from any of the SCCM integration's data source page.
The investigation process below is for a specific condition where the error 'Failed to init the JDBC connection. Check configuration' is seen and the MID server records the below error-
SOAPProcessingException: Field(s) present in the query do not have permission to be read
Below is the snapshot from MID server agent log and if you have a closer look, here is what you find-
- Initially, you would observer the error 'Failed to init the JDBC connection. Check configuration' for JDBC probe attempt.
- Eventually, you would observe 'SOAPProcessingException: Field(s) present in the query do not have permission to be read' multiple times throughout.
- Any Release.
Steps to Reproduce
- Hop on to the instance.
- Navigate to setup under 'Integration - Microsoft SCCM 2016'
- On the left pane, there is a related link for 'Test data source connection' click that to see that the attempt ends with an error 'Failed to init the JDBC connection. Check configuration.'
- This condition is observed because of insufficient privileges to the MID Server User on the instance.
After reproducing the issue successfully, to resolve the issue, follow the below steps
- On the instance, for the relevant MID server that is being used for the SCCM integration, take note of the MID user(Logged in user).
- Navigate to user administration --> Users, find the user and open the user record.
- Edit the Role permissions and double check to see if 'mid_server' role is added.
- Cross check to see if these roles are present - soap, soap_query, soap_update, soap_delete, soap_create, soap_ecc, soap_script.
- If any of the above roles are missing, please add them.
Post adding the roles, a validation can be done by performing 'Test data source connection' and you should see 'connection successful' message.