A delay in processing of events can be observed on instances where a large number of records with table_sys_id as null exists in sys_attachment table. 'Event Management - process events' scheduled job spends a lot of time updating these records over and over again for each event thus delaying the processing of events.
Steps to Reproduce
- Create an Event Rule that would ignore an event.
- Create Business Rule on em_event table to log the stacktrace and sys_id on update.
- Create an event that would trigger the rule in Step 1.
- Check sys_log for stacktrace and sys_id, notice that sys_id is empty/null.
- If Domain Separation plugin is activated, navigate to sys_attachment and clear 'table_sys_id' of one record.
- Create another event that would match the rule in step 1.
- Once the event is processed, check the sys_attachment record with table_sys_id as null and notice that the record is updated.
This problem has been fixed. If you are able to upgrade, review the Fixed In or Intended Fix Version fields to determine whether any versions have a planned or permanent fix.
- Check system property "glide.email.inbound.image_sys_attachment.filter.action" and ensure that it is not set to was set to AttachNone.
- Review and update records in sys_attachment table table_sys_id as null.
- If required, create a business rule on sys_attachment table that will check for records with table_sys_id as null and remediate them.
Related Problem: PRB1340104