When a "File Attachment" type field is non mandatory it allows attaching files. However, if the field is made mandatory through the dictionary, it does not allow attachment and the following error shows up when clicking on the Click to add text:
The following mandatory fields are not filled in: File attachment
Steps to Reproduce
- Create a new field on the any table e.g:
- Table: incident table
- Field type: File Attachment
- Field name: u_test_attachment
- Go to the dictionary of the File Attachment type field (u_test_attachment) and make it mandatory by checking the mandatory check box
- Try to create a new record on the form where u_test_attachment has been added and try to attach a file to that field
Observation: An error message is thrown, the attachment is interrupted. Removing the mandatory on the file attachment field fixes this.
This problem has been fixed. If you are able to upgrade, review the Fixed In or Intended Fix Version fields to determine whether any versions have a planned or permanent fix.
Related Problem: PRB1322222