When launching a Stack / VM in Cloud User portal, clicking on the submit button does not do anything, and there is no warning or error message.
This is caused by the resource requested exceeding the quota limitation. For example, the CPU core requested in the Compute Profile exceeds available Group Quota or User Quota, or the count of Network exceeds the Network Count quota.
Steps to Reproduce
1) Setup AWS discovery from cloud account.
2) Create a Network on AWS with 2 network resources in blueprint.
3) Go to the quota and set user quota for network to 1.
4) Go to the order form and choose the network blueprint.
5) Submit the order. Since the quota is exceeded, the order cannot be submitted, but there is no popup error message displayed.
This problem is fixed in all currently supported releases. Please review the Fixed In section to determine the latest version with a permanent fix your instance can be upgraded to.
If you are able to upgrade, review the Fixed In field to determine whether any versions have a permanent fix.
The workaround before Madrid consisted in increasing the quota for the user / group:
Cloud Admin Portal > Govern > Quota > Quota Configuration tab > incase Group Max Limit or Per User Limit
From Madrid, an error message will show up when clicking on submit button if quota limit is exceeded.
Related Problem: PRB1301913