Content that is already written in HTML is being converted into HTML again. This causes Div tags to be inserted around all new line characters.
Steps to Reproduce
- Create a table in a quick message that has two rows and one column.
- In the first row type "Thank you for replying to this email." in one line and "We will get back to you soon enough." in another line.
- In the second row type "Regards," in one line followed by "Name of the agent" in the another line.
- Open an existing Case record or create a new Case.
- Click the Email button in the upper right tab of the Case form.
- Select the quick message you just created.
Result: You will find that the rendering is wrong as '<div>' tag are incorrectly added in the email.
- Navigate to the sys_dictionary record for body on table: sys_email_canned_message.
- Update the type field to "Html Script"
When doing a Quick Message, the message should now show up correctly
Related Problem: PRB1327655