Creating a new child from a related list in the Form widget will not set the parent field of the child.
Steps to Reproduce
- Login in an OOB London Patch 5
2. Open up an existing problem record which has the related list Incidents and copy the sys_id
3. Navigate to /sp?id=form&table=problem&sys_id=SYSID
4. Click on the related list Incidents and then on the New button
5. Fill out the form and save the incident in order to create it
6 Navigate through the native UI and you won't see a child in the Incidents related list.
Actual Result : Creating a new record from a related list in the Form widget will not set the parent field of the child unless that field is on the child form.
Expected Result : Creating a new record from a related list in the Form widget should set the parent field of the child
This issue is under review. To receive notifications when more information is available, subscribe to this Known Error article by clicking the Subscribe button at the top right of the article. If you are able to upgrade, review the Fixed In field to determine whether any versions have a permanent fix.
Related Problem: PRB1327130