While working with Database discovery, we can observe the application navigator have 3 visibilities for Database
- Navigator >> Configuration >> Database Servers
- Navigator >> Configuration >> Database Instances
- Navigator >> Configuration >> Database Catalogs
Once after a succesful discovery, the expectation is to have the Database entries to "Database Servers" respective to thier classification as below.
It is observed that the "Navigator >> Configuration >> Database Servers >> Choose any of the Vendor" the required data is not getting populated even after a successful Discovery.
Navigator >> Configuration >> Database Servers (which includes "All", "DB2", "MSSQL", "MySQL", "Oracle" and "Sybase").
Once we click on any of the above Database, the link to all these records point to the "cmdb_ci_database" table and this table does not contain any information.
"cmdb_ci_database" table is a legacy table and is not populated by OOB Discovery or Service Mapping probes/patterns. It is one of the original tables which was initially created during the creation of the concept of CMDB for the platform.
After adopting the ITIL procedure, ServiceNow used the concept of "Database instances" and not "Database Servers"
Hence, we see no data populating to "cmdb_ci_database" rather populates the data to below respective tables
- "cmdb_ci_database" can be used for customization(If required).
- To derive the information about the data collected and the tables populated during database discovery you can refer the Database Discovery documentation.