When the "i" icon of a reference field is clicked a popup view of the referenced record is displayed. However, the fields showing on this popup view is not the same ones configured on the sys_popup view of the form.
The sys_popup view of the referenced record displays as expected on Default view of the record but not on any other views (i.e. ess, Mobile).
Release or Environment
Missing associated sys_popup,name_of_view.
The sys_popup view by itself only works for the OOB "Default" view.
Create a "sys_popup,name_of_view" for the referenced table (i.e. sys_user.do?sysparm_view=sys_popup,ess)
- We'll be using incident record and caller_id reference field (which references sys_user)
- Assume that sys_popup view already exists for sys_user
- On an incident record that is using the OOB "Default" view when a user clicks on the "i" icon of the caller_id field the popup window will use the sys_popup view configured on sys_user
- Now on the same incident record but this time it's using the "ess" view when a user clicks on the "i" icon of the caller_id field the popup window will NOT use the sys_popup view configured on sys_user and instead would be using other form views of sys_user
- To make sure that the popup window uses the proper sys_popup view of sys_user when the incident record is using "ess" view the sys_user view needs to be configured as such:
- then modify the fields on this form view as appropriate
Product Documentation - Configure the reference icon view of fields
Community Blog Article - Configure a sys_popup view for a specific form view