Users with 'cmdb_query_builder' role cannot create CMDB Query from the CMDB Query Builder page.
- The "Loading tree" just keeps on spinning.
- Inspect the page, error "Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 (Forbidden)" is seen.
Steps to Reproduce
- Login to the instance with a user that has 'cmdb_query_builder' role (only this role).
- Open the Query Builder if shown, or enter the /$queryBuilder.do URL directly
- When inside the 'CMDB Query Builder' page, Click 'Create New'.
- Enter the 'Name' and select the Query Type "CMDB Query'
- Click Create
New page is launched, but noticed that the "Loading tree" just keeps on spinning.
Inspect the page, error "Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 (Forbidden)" is seen.
Please note that this step #2, is not an issue with Madrid OOB but happening in London and the old version.
CMDB Query Builder module is not visible because it is under the "Configuration" module that only accessible by 'itil, 'asset' and 'itil_admin' roled users.
But '/$queryBuilder.do' page is accessible via direct URL.
This problem has been fixed. If you are able to upgrade, review the Fixed In or Intended Fix Version fields to determine whether any versions have a planned or permanent fix.
- Add the 'itil' role to the user.
- If the customer doesn't want to add the 'itil' role to the users due to restrictions, then
Add 'cmdb_query_builder' role to the ACL: "CMDB CI Model API".
Related Problem: PRB1335206