It is very important to understand the order of execution of transform map and its scripts before creating one because incorrect assumptions about this order can cause major issues.
Order of Execution
- Run the onStart script
- Find the target record by evaluating all coalesce field maps/scripts.
- Before any other scripts are executed, the target record is found.
- Run the onBefore script.
- Since this is executed after finding the target record, you need to make sure the coalesce scripts do not depend on any variables defined here in the onBefore script.
- Transform all field mappings.
- Run the main transform Run script.
- This is the main script in the transform map which is visible only when "Run Script" is checked.
- Run the onAfter script.
- Repeat 2-6 for all import set rows.
- Run the onComplete script.
Applicable to all releases