The ServiceNow DevOps plugin extends the default behaviors of Jenkins, and provides a mechanism to control Job executions via the ServiceNow Change Management application.
The following instructions demonstrate how to download and install the ServiceNow DevOps plugin in your Jenkins instance, and verify that Jenkins is successfully able to communicate with your ServiceNow instance.
- Jenkins 2.138.4+ instance
- ServiceNow DevOps 1.11 application installed in your ServiceNow instance
|Jenkins plugin - version||ServiceNow DevOps - version||ServiceNow DevOps Integrations - version|
Upgrade Note: it is best to uninstall the plugin first, then install the new plugin, then restart Jenkins and go here to cleanup any old data <your jenkins url>/administrativeMonitor/OldData/manage.
Download the plugin zip file attached to this article by clicking "I Accept" at the bottom of the page. Extract the .hpi file and install it in Jenkins by navigating to Manage Jenkins -> Advanced -> Upload Plugin.
During plug-in installation, the following dependencies will automatically be install/updated as needed to meet the minimum requirements of the Jenkins plug-in for ServiceNow DevOps:
- org.jenkins-ci.plugins.scm-api 2.2.8
- org.jenkins-ci.plugins.credentials 2.1.18
- org.jenkins-ci.plugins.workflow.workflow-step-api 2.19
- org.jenkins-ci.plugins.structs 1.17
- org.jenkins-ci.plugins.workflow.workflow-api 2.34
- org.jenkins-ci.plugins.mailer 1.20
- org.jenkins-ci.annotation-indexer 1.12
- org.jenkins-ci.plugins.plain-credentials 1.3
- org.jenkins-ci.plugins.workflow.workflow-aggregator 2.6
- com.google.code.gson.gson 2.8.5
- org.jenkins-ci.plugins.junit 1.28
In order for jobs to notify ServiceNow, users must set the ServiceNow DevOps options on Jenkins Global configuration.
Declarative & Scripted Pipeline Support
To support declarative and scripted pipelines in the 1.5 version of the plugin, the following have been introduced.
snDevOpsStep - The Sys_id of each root-level step. You can copy the Sys_id of each step in the DevOps Orchestration Tool by right-clicking each Orchestration Task step. When the step id is present, the discovered orchestration task will automatically be mapped to the App's step if that step is not mapped to by a different orchestration task.
snDevOpsChange - Enables change control for any root-level stage that is mapped to a DevOps step.
For complete details please see: Using a declarative or scripted pipeline in DevOps
Please accept the end-user license agreement below to start the download.
Software Terms and Conditions
END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT
Jenkins plug-in Program for ServiceNow enterprise devops
BY DOWNLOADING, INSTALLING, OR USING THE Jenkins plug-in Program for ServiceNow enterprise devops SOFTWARE (“SOFTWARE”), YOU (THE INDIVIDUAL OR LEGAL ENTITY, HEREIN REFERED TO AS “YOU” OR “YOUR” OR “USER”) AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT (“EULA”). IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS EULA, YOU MUST NOT DOWNLOAD, INSTALL, COPY, TRANSMIT, DISPLAY, OR USE THE SOFTWARE, AND YOU MUST IMMEDIATELY DELETE THE UNUSED SOFTWARE FROM YOUR SYSTEMS AND RECORDS. THE “EFFECTIVE DATE” OF THIS EULA SHALL BE THE DATE THAT YOU BEGIN USING THE SOFTWARE AND IS BETWEEN YOU AND SERVICENOW, INC. AND ITS AFFILIATES (“SERVICENOW”). THE TERMINATION DATE OF THIS EULA IS THE DATE THAT YOU REMOVE THE SOFTWARE FROM ALL YOUR SYSTEMS OR RECORDS, INCLUDING THOSE HOSTED FOR YOU.
- No License. The Software is owned by ServiceNow, Inc. and is intended for current customers of ServiceNow who have entered into a Master Ordering Agreement (“MOA”) or other customer subscription agreement with ServiceNow (or its affiliate) for the purchase of ServiceNow’s subscription service (“Subscription Service”). The Software is “Software” (alternatively, for other MOA versions, “Ancillary Software”) as such term is used in the MOA and the only licenses you have with respect to the Software are those that have already been granted to you under the MOA. No license to download, install, or use the Software is granted to you under this EULA. YOU MAY NOT DOWNLOAD, INSTALL, OR USE THE SOFTWARE UNLESS YOU HAVE AN EXISTING RIGHT TO USE SOFTWARE PURSUANT TO A CURRENT AND VALID MOA.
- Intellectual Property. All rights, title, and interest in and to all intellectual property rights in the Software are owned exclusively by ServiceNow. You may not (and shall not permit others to): (i) use the Software in excess of the rights and permissions granted to you under a current and valid MOA or other customer agreement; (ii) license, sub-license, sell, re-sell, rent, lease, transfer, distribute, or time share or otherwise make the Software available (in whole or in part) for access by third parties except as otherwise expressly provided in the MOA or other customer agreement; (iii) access the Software for the purpose of developing or operating products or services intended to be offered to third parties in competition with it; (iv) disassemble, reverse engineer or decompile the Software; (v) copy , create derivative works based on or otherwise modify the Software except as expressly permitted in the MOA or other customer agreement; (vi) remove or modify a copyright or other proprietary rights notices in the Software; (vii) use the Software to reproduce, distribute, display, transmit or use material protected by copyright or other intellectual property right (including the rights of publicity or privacy) without first obtaining the permission of the owner; or (viii) use the Software to create use, send, store, or run viruses or other harmful computer code, files, scripts, agents or other program or otherwise engage in a malicious act or disrupt its security, integrity or operation; or (ix) access or disable any ServiceNow or third-party data, software or network (other than your instance of the Subscription Service in accordance with the MOA or other customer agreement).
- Warranty. No warranty is provided under these Terms. Any warranty you may have under the MOA or other customer agreement with respect to ServiceNow Software will apply to the Software. PROVIDED THE FOREGOING, to the maximum extent allowed by law, ServiceNow disclaims all warranties of any kind, express or implied, oral or written, including warranties arising under statute, warranties of merchantability, accuracy, title, non-infringement or fitness for a particular purpose or any warranties arising from usage of trade, course of dealing or course of performance.
- Limitations of Liability. To the extent permitted by law, ServiceNow shall not be liable to you for incidental, consequential, punitive, special or exemplary damages (including damage to business, reputation or goodwill), or indirect damages of any type however caused, whether by breach arising out of or related to the Software, whether based on contract, tort (including negligence) or any other legal or equitable theory, shall be limited to one hundred dollars (US $100). The existence of more than one claim shall not enlarge this limit. You agree that these limitations will apply even if a limited remedy is found to have failed of its essential purpose, and that the foregoing limitations are fair given that the Software is made available without charge.
- General. This EULA is governed by the laws of the State of California, without reference to or application of rules governing choice of laws. You irrevocably consent and waive any objection to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the federal and state courts located in Santa Clara County, California with respect to any claims, suits, or proceedings arising out of or in connection with these Terms. The prevailing party in any claim or dispute between the parties under these Terms shall be entitled to reimbursement of its reasonable attorney fees and costs. The failure of either party to enforce any provision of these Terms will not constitute a waiver of the party’s rights to subsequently enforce the provision or any other provision. If any provision of these Terms is determined by any court to be invalid or unenforceable, any partially valid and enforceable provisions shall be enforced to the maximum extent permissible by law. You agree to comply with any statutes and regulations that apply to your use of the Software, including but not limited to United States and foreign export control laws and regulations, and laws and regulations relating to data privacy and security. You may not assign, delegate, subcontract or otherwise transfer, directly or by operation of law, any of your rights or obligations hereunder without the prior written consent of ServiceNow. These Terms, along with the applicable MOA or other customer agreement, constitute the complete and final agreement of the parties pertaining to the subject matter hereof.