If a form has the Variable Editor added to it twice, client-side functionality ceases to work and strange issues occur until the duplicate Variable Editor is removed from the form.
Steps to Reproduce
- Open the form layout configuration for the sc_req_item form
- Create a new section called "Test Section"
- Add the Variable Editor to the Test Section
- You should now have a Variable editor in the main section, and the new section
- Open an sc_req_item record that has variables
- Observe many of the buttons do not work, and error in the console: "Uncaught ReferenceError: g_sc_form is not defined"
This issue is under review. To receive notifications when more information is available, subscribe to this Known Error article by clicking the Subscribe button at the top right of the article. If you are able to upgrade, review the Fixed In or Intended Fix Version fields to determine whether any versions have a planned or permanent fix.
Related Problem: PRB1326373