<Builds that are known to be affected (e.g. June 2011 Preview 2)>
London Patch 4
London Patch 6
<Builds that are known NOT to be affected (e.g. Calgary Patch 2, Hot fix 5) >
Jakarta Patch 10
On Incident Alert record form, the fields from source incident table cannot be edited on London instance. They can be edited on Jakarta version.
See the attached screen recording for reference.
Steps to Reproduce
On OOB London instance, install plugin: Incident Communications Management (com.snc.iam)
1. Goto incident.list, clicking a record link to go to record form
2. Adding a list type field- user list(link to sys_user table) on incident form layout, save the layout
3. adding a few users into to the list user field which created on step 2.
4. Goto incident_alert.list
5. Create a new record, adding the incident record from step on on the source incident , save the record
6. Adding user list field on the from by select form layout: source incident -> user list, save the record
7. the source field on the incident alert table is read ony so it cannot be modified.
The source incident field can be edited on the incident alert form
The source incident field is read only
See the attached screen recording for refrenence.
After carefully considering the severity and frequency of the issue, and risk of attempting a fix, it has been decided to not address this issue in any current or future releases. We do not make this decision lightly, and we apologize for any inconvenience. If you have any questions regarding this problem, contact ServiceNow Customer Support.
1) Click through to update the fields
2) Disable 'sys_security_acl_2cb94cbd872013000e3dd61e36cb0b1f' and create a UI Policy and Business Rule to prevent changing the Source Incident.
Related Problem: PRB1331976