Upon upgrading to London, when you click on "Load all records" or "Test load 20 records" in a JDBC data source, the below error is thrown immediately.
"Error: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: oracle/jdbc/OracleResultSet"
Issue is seen in London and above.
Starting London, jar files are not shipped along with the MID server. When a JDBC import starts to load data, because the required Oracle JDBC jar file is missing, the NoClassDefFoundError error is thrown and the load fails.
- Download the Oracle JDBC Driver JAR file from the official Oracle website. As of March 21, 2019, the latest Oracle JDBC Driver was ojdbc8.jar.
- Login to the instance as admin.
- Navigate to MID Server > JAR Files from the filter navigator.
- Click on 'New'.
- Complete the following fields:
- Name: A unique and descriptive name for identifying the file in the instance.
- Version: A version number for the file, if one is available.
- Location: Location of the JAR file for reference purposes. Source information is not used by the system.
- Description: Short description of the JAR file and its purpose in the instance.
- Attach the JAR file downloaded in step 1 to this record.
- Click on 'Submit'.
- Restart the MID server(s). This step is important because this makes sure the JAR file is synchronized to all MID servers.