1) Below Error is shown when any update is done on an incident.
Error MessageException (TypeError: undefined is not a function. (sys_script_include.09b5281f533b030009170ef5d5dc344c.script; line 9)) occurred while evaluating'Condition: new CommunicationPlanEngine(current).canRun()' in business rule 'Attach Communication plans' on incident:INCXXXXXXX; skipping business rule.
2) Same error is also seen when submitting any catalog request linked to an incident table.
3) This error is typically seen after installing "Task communication management" and "major incident management" plugin.
Business rules, Incident.
Script includes that are installed after activating "Task communication management" and "major incident management" plugins are dependent on "IncidentUtilsSNC()" script include which is not available as the plugin "incident (com.snc.incident)" is not activated.
Follow Up questions:
1) Why is the "Incident (com.snc.incident)" plugin is already installed?
"Incident (com.snc.incident)" plugin was created on 2013 and load="boot" is set , meaning this will be installed only for ZBOOT customers.
Any instance that was zbooted before 2013 do not have this plugin auto activated when they upgrade to next versions.
2) How is that we already have incident table definitions on our instance without having "com.snc.incident (incident)" plugin installed?
Incident table definitions are part of some other different plugin in 2013, later those definitions are moved to separate "com.snc.incident" plugin.This is why tables are available even though plugins are inactive. After that the all incident related functionality or script includes are shipped in "com.snc.incident (incident)" plugin/
The only way to resolve the issue is to install the plugin's manually but this needs good amount of testing (Test the behavior on lower environments) as that plugins has many files shipped along with script includes, business rules etc. Refer below article for more details.
Steps to Follow
1. Get a clone of prod/sub-prod
3. install "com.snc.incident"
5. follow this KB article "https://hi.service-now.com/kb_view.do?sysparm_article=KB0564465"
6. install major incident management and task communication management plugins.
7. check if the reported issue is resolved and MIM workbench is working correctly.
Because of installing this plugin, there are some business rules , columns, ACL's, etc are introduced on incident table. we can find them using sys_package column.
Major change would be state model on incident table. Please check the state choices available on incident state column.
After installing this plugin and everything is working correct from TCM and MIM, then please make sure that no functionality around incident is broken/regressed.
DO NOT INSTALL THE PLUGIN'S DIRECTLY ON PROD OR SUB-PROD.