This article explains how to limit the number of records which are initially loaded when clicking or searching in a reference field on Service Portal.
Create the following property in the instance and set the value as needed:
- Kingston Patch 11 and above
- London Patch 4 and above
- Madrid and above
- Before Kingston Patch 11, London Patch 4 and Madrid, the default number of records displayed initially was 20.
- After the above mentioned builds the default has been increased to 100 as a fix for PRB1291290
- The property glide.service_portal.ac_max_search_matches is not in the database by default, hence the need to create it.
- When using this property beware of the following, if the value is:
- Too high, you'll impact performance.
- Too low, users risk seeing "no matches found" if they don't have read rights to see the first N records returned from their query.