- When changing to any language but English, the Recent & Popular Items widget can throw NullPointerException errors.
- This widget in OOB exists in "sc_landing" page and can be navigated as "sp?id=sc_landing".
Kingston and London.
- Basically, the widget loops through certain items based on popularity or most recently used.
- One of the causes can be the list of these catalog items can contain bad mapping with the respective catalogs/categories. (may or may not exist)
- Another one can be that the short description and/or name of the items can have some bad characters which can't be translated.
- Review the items carefully when the instance is in English language version.
- And modify the affected records.