If a service catalog item has an HTML variable and an image/file is attached to that variable, the image is displayed in the activity stream but it does not show it as an attachment on the record itself
Steps to Reproduce
- Login to any Kingston Patch 2 instance.
- Go to Self Service > Service catalog > Can we help you? > Create incident.
- Right click on the header of the form and select 'New variable' to create an HTML variable on the field
- While creating a new variable use the following values:
Type - HTML
Question - Screenshot
Name - Name
5. Save this variable.
6. Go to that catalog item
7. Now, enter the required information in other fields and attach an image to the 'Screenshot' variable using the HTML toolbar.
8. Submit the catalog item.
Issue: You can now see that the image that you attached to this field is visible in the activity stream, but it is not visible at the top where attachments usually show.
This issue is Fixed. To receive notifications when more information is available, subscribe to this Known Error article by clicking the Subscribe button at the top right of the article. If you are able to upgrade, review the Fixed In field to determine whether any versions have a permanent fix.
Related Problem: PRB1256988