A reconciliation definition on table cmdb_ci_db_mssql_instance allows only data source 'ServiceWatch' to update the following columns/fields/attributes - tcp_port, instance_name, install_directory, version, edition. This is not desirable for customers who do not use ServiceMapping, as the rule prevents horizontal discovery (ServiceNow) from updating these fields in spite of a successful discovery.
The problem was introduced in Jakarta release when the reconciliation rules on cmdb_ci_db_mssql_instance were modified as a fix for PRB881286.
Steps to Reproduce
- Manually edit value of field like tcp_port of an mssql_instance.
- Run horizontal discovery (probes/pattern).
- Notice that the field is not updated with correct value although discovery is successful.
- An additional reconciliation definition/rule exists on cmdb_ci_db_mssql_instance for attribute ‘name’ that data source ServiceNow (Discovery) is exclusively authorized to update.
- Modify this rule to include attributes such as tcp_port, instance_name, install_directory, version, edition
Related Problem: PRB1329036