Live Feed users with 'admin' and 'invited' state in Live Group Profile are unable to query and visualize hashtags. If the state of a user's live_group_member profile is 'admin' or 'invited', when they attempt to query the group's private messages by hashtag on live feed, they get missing results.
Steps to Reproduce
- Login as System Administrator and Go to Live Feed > Group Feeds.
- Select 'Create Group Feed' and set the group to Private.
- Invite ITIL User to join.
- Add a message to the group feed that includes '#testhashtag'.
- Impersonate ITIL User.
- Go to Live Feed > Group Feeds > Pending > Accept invite.
- As ITIL User, repeat step 2.
- Go to Live Feed > Hashtags > Remove filter > Select '#testhashtag'. You will see two output results.
- Back as System Administrator, repeat step 8. You will see one output result.
After carefully considering the severity and frequency of the issue, and the cost and risk of attempting a fix, it has been decided to not address this issue in any current or near future releases. We do not make these decisions lightly, and we apologize for any inconvenience.
As a workaround, go to the live_group_member record and change System Administrator from 'admin' to 'active'. This will correct the behaviour.
Related Problem: PRB1248880