- In many patterns, the "Table Transform" step is used to move data from one table to another or add more data to the existing table.
- When customers use the "Table Transform" operator, they may be under the impression that existing data in the target table will be retained if the source table is different.
- In reality, if the source table and target table on the operator are different, the data in target table is completely overridden by data in source table.
- Table transform operator should be used when the data should be moved out of a temp table to another temp table/CI table.
- Further, to populate more CI fields, the source and target table field values can be the same and additional fields can be added under "Target Field/Value" section