There are issues with tiny_url support for event management dashboard while opening the alerts. This was implemented basically because, in the past, some users using legacy versions of Internet Explorer were having problems opening longer links. Modern browsers such as Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Microsoft Edge will not run into this issue, as the URL character limit for these browsers is 64k or above.
Steps to Reproduce
- Enable the property glide.use_tiny_urls
- Go to the Event Management Dashboard.
- Hover over various alerts until the URL shows that it is a tiny URL (sysparm_tiny).
4. Click on the Alert.
5. Nothing will happen and the alert will not open.
- There is no workaround for this since the dashboard is being replaced by Operator Workspace in Orlando.
- Use the Agent Workspace instead to open the alerts.
Related Problem: PRB1321387