If we try to change class name for bulk CIs (more than 30) from the UI, then it may lead to cancellation of the transaction as long running.
This cancellation leading to loss of few records that are being reclassified when the transaction is cancelled.
Steps to Reproduce
- Take a count of the total number of CIs you have in the two classes.
- Navigate to the list of the CIs you want to change their class.
- Right click on the column heading 'Class'.
- Select 'Update All'.
- Click 'Ok' to confirm that you want to reclassify the CIs.
- Input the new class
- Click 'Update' to save the change.
- Take a count of the total number of CIs you have in the two classes again and compare it to the first count.
One or more CIs are missing.
This is Fixed in the London release and later, so please upgrade to solve this issue. Transaction Quota Rules and Cancellations are now prevented from aborting the class change process.
This was much more likely to happen in Jakarta and Kingston due to a slow-down caused by the TPP migration of the CMDB, and was the table where all reported timeouts occurred. This was also fixed in London, however the Known Error article provides a potential workaround for Jakarta or Kingston to speed up the updates to reduce the chance of them timing out:
KB0681177 - PRB1258222 Unnecessary updates during cmdb_ci class change from TPP change
Related Problem: PRB1242353