MID Servers goes down after getting stuck in validating state for 10-15 mins.
The validation was failing as the user account used for validation did not have required access. The MID Server service had a configured dedicated user. However the user was not enrolled in the admin group due to which the user did not have required permissions.
The following steps are for the MID Server with the Host OS as Windows.
- Goto Services
- Look for ServiceNow MID Server service
- Right click and select properties
- Click on Log On tab
- Click on Local System account radio button
- Click Apply and ok
- Restart the MID Server service
- Come back to ServiceNow instance and from the MID Server page click on Validate
- Once MID Server is validated go back to MID Server Host system
- Follow steps 1-4 again
- Click on This account radio button
- Configure dedicated user
MID Server requires admin user for validation. Thus the above solution switched the user to local admin to validate the MID Server and then configure the dedicated MID Server user once MID Server is validated.