The difference between Relationship and Related lists on a table.
- Use this to manually create relationship between two tables in a dynamic way when the tables are not related by any field. In other words, the table does not have any reference field for the source table.
- To create a relationship navigate to System definition > Relationships
- Here specify Query from (From where the data will be fetched) and Applies To (which forms the relationship applies to)
- For adding further conditions on choosing the table, click on 'Advanced' and write the script.
Related List :-
- These related lists are system created relationships between two tables for reference type fields
- Such related lists would be available from Configure/Related lists and can be added to the form for the table of the reference field
- These related lists can be accessed from System UI/Related lists