When running a report with a dot-walked filter condition on a CMDB table (Table Per Partition extension model), large table structures can cause the addition of those fields to go slowly, potentially locking the browser. large table structures can cause the addition of those fields to go slowly, potentially locking the browser.
This issue is occurring with the Classic UI only.
Steps to Reproduce
- Set the System Property 'glide.ui.list.allow_extended_fields' to 'true'.
- Navigate to: /nav_to.do?uri=/sys_report_template.do
- These steps are valid for the Report Builder UI ("Classic" report UI). The Report Designer (new report UI) doesn't have this issue. If you get directed into the new UI, switch to the old UI.
- Select Data > Table > Task (or any table that has a reference to Configuration Item table).
- Add a filter condition like "Configuration.class-is-Application" (or dot walk any Configuration Item field, using show related fields).
- In the list of Available fields, scroll to find the Configuration Item field (or whatever your field is that references cmdb_ci), and click it.
- Between the Available and Selected fields, a new "mapping" icon should appear above the '<' and '>' icons.
- Click that mapping icon (+).
Expected: Available fields will be updated to show all of the fields that extend from the cmdb_ci table. This should take a little time, but not lock the browser.
Actual: Browser locks. Eventually, it will return, but in a timeframe that is entirely unacceptable. Sometimes browser is hanging.
Use the Report Designer (new report UI) instead of the Report Builder UI ("Classic" report UI) for building the report. For more information, see Differences between Report Builder and Report Designer
Related Problem: PRB1250745