Service Catalog Data Lookup polices do not function in pre-Istanbul/Jakarta Service Portal.
Steps to Reproduce
- Create a new table called 'Data Lookup Test'.
- Add two string fields - Test Field 1 and Test Field 2.
- Create a new record on the table and set the following:
Test Field 1: 1234
Test Field 2: 4321
- Click Save.
- Go to Service Catalog > Maintain Items, and open the item 'Apple iPad 3'.
- Create 2 single-line text variables and title them Test 1 and Test 2.
- Go to System Policy > Data Lookup Definitions, and click New.
- Create new definition with the following and submit:
Name: Test SP
Applies to: Catalog Item
Catalog Item: Apple iPad 3
Matcher Table: Data Lookup Test[u_data_lookup_test]
- In the lookup definition related list, set the matcher and setter to the following:
Source Variable: test_1
Matcher table field: Test Field 1
Source Variable: test_2
Matcher Table field: Test Field 2
- In Service Catalog, test that the data lookup functions properly in the Apple iPad 3 by putting '1234' into Test 1 field, tabbing, and seeing Test 2 being changed to '4321'.
- Go to Service Portal and open the same item in the catalog:
- The field sets on the front end instead:
This issue is fixed in all currently supported versions. There is no workaround applicable. Please review the Fixed In section to determine the latest available patch your instance can be upgraded to.
Related Problem: PRB758708