The Relationship Changes activity log does not track the addition of a relationship on cmdb_ci.
Steps to Reproduce
1. Open the OOB instance dome record New York:
2. Configure Form Layout, adding 'Activities (filtered)' and save.
3. Click the 'Activity Filter' icon next to the Activity field, and Configure the available fields.
4. Add 'Relationship Change' into the list and save.
5. Click the Adding CI related + icon:
- Chose an item in the Configuration Items section
- Click the Adding (+) icon to add Relationships
- Save and Exit
Observe no activity was logged when the relationship was added. The only log occurred when the relationship was removed.
After carefully considering the severity and frequency of the issue, and risk of attempting a fix, it has been decided to not address this issue in any current or future releases. We do not make this decision lightly, and we apologize for any inconvenience.
The current design of the Activity Stream generates log entires only if the child record is deleted or if the child record reference fields are changed. The addition of child records does not log any activity entries on the parent.
Related Problem: PRB1307138