The kb_search Service Portal page does not load. The issue is observed when the page is accessed via any portal other than "/kb".
And the following Error can be found in the browser console:
Error: [$injector:unpr] Unknown provider: KnowledgeSearchServiceProvider <- KnowledgeSearchService
Steps to Reproduce
On an affected instance:
- Go to the Service Portal
- Try accessing the knowledge search page URI: /sp?id=kb_search
- Note that the page does not display, the widgets keeps on loading indefinitely.
- "Ctrl + right click" the page and selected "Widget Options Schema".
- Close the pop-up window
- The page is displayed
The issue can be fixed by adding the desired portal name to the "sn.knowledgeApplication" service portal widget dependency file.
Please follow the instructions documented here: Knowledge Service Portal Search
Review the note section at the bottom of the page:
Note: To use knowledge search in another Service Portal, add the portal name in the sn.knowledgeApplication widget dependency.
- Navigate to Service Portal > Dependencies.
- In the Name field, search for the sn.knowledgeApplication widget dependency.
- You have to be in the Knowledge Management - Service Portal application to edit. If a message appears, click here to edit.
- In the Portals for page load field (optional) field, enter the portal in which you want to use the knowledge search.
- Click Update.
Related Problem: PRB1325588